SICK OF SNOW!!!
Actually, I just haven't had the chance to go through holiday pictures yet, and wanted to blog something quick. Now, on to the main event.
I understand as well as anyone living in the desert how important moisture is in a drought-ridden environment. I have prayed for rain with the best of them. I am truly grateful that Utah has received so much precipitation this year and even more grateful that it is made up of something other than trucker spit. But, I have to say... I am SO SICK OF THE SNOW!!!!
Just so none of you start thinking that I am a wimp, I can assure you that I have lived in harsh climates. I went to BYU-Idaho for pete's sake! If I had a penny for every time the wind blew on that campus, I would have had no trouble paying tuition. I also spent a very cold winter in Detroit Michigan, in a dress no less. You have not really lived until you have so many layers under your skirt that you can slip on the ice and bounce right up again without missing a beat. But all of this valuable experience does not change the fact that right now, I am cold, I am grumpy, and I'm sick of the snow.
I have done my best to avoid this toxic white stuff, or better yet, enjoy it from the comfort of the indoors, but I have not always been so lucky. Unlike Grandma and Casper, I don't have the option of staying inside until the spring thaw. In fact, I've had to continue my routine of going to the gym at an un-goodly hour and getting stuck in the snow, going to work during a blizzard and getting stuck in the snow. Yes, for those of you counting on your fingers, me and my poor, abused Contour have been stuck in the snow twice. And then last week when Mom decided that she wanted me to 1- make sure that the dryer outlet wasn't covered in snow (said outlet is situated on the side of the house with a slanted lawn, thus the deepest snow on our property) and 2- take snow pictures. So here are pictures of our winter plight, starring...Me.
Most of you should remember what our backyard is supposed to look like. Trust me, the bench around the apple tree hasn't been getting shorter. It's the snow. This is an example of how much is falling in one storm. Now imagining trying to shovel that off a driveway.
This is not a picture of my feet. All of you should know that it has been quite a few years since I could find a pair of pants long enough to bunch up around me feet. That's right, you are looking at my knees.
Mom decided it would be "cute" if I made a snow angel. I'm not very good at those. The minute I try to fall back in snow, whatever I am wearing scurries up my back leaving a very large spot of bare skin exposed and smashed into snow. It happened in Colorado, it happened in Utah. I think it's a conspiracy.
Again, I am not getting shorter. The snow in our backyard is up to my knees. For those of you who may have forgotten, I'm 6 feet tall. That's a lot of space between feet and knees. That's a lot of snow.
Annette, Alita, I know you are sad that you are missing this blissful winter experience. I am letting you know now that I want sun and lots of it when I come in February. Coleman and Roni, I know you know what we're going through. Solidarity, sister! (and brother, and nieces.)
Dad, please come and shovel our driveway!
Come and visit everyone!!!!
Comments