It's official....I'm a sheep!

So, I have a suggestion for Washington and the new administration. Anyone who knows me should be able to figure out that I am in support of bailing out the auto industry. I mean, come on people, Detroit has enough problems. Stop buying foreign cars!!!!
I have recently found another pillar of American industry that could use some bailing out. Please Mr. President, take pity on the Maytag Man. That's right, Whirlpool Corp could use a little help. In fact, if you would kindly give them about a million dollars, maybe I wouldn't be facing unemployment.

Okay, enough with the (faux) political speech. I just wanted to let anyone who reads my blog and may not have heard that I am now joining the masses. I've always been a trendy person, latest clothes, latest hair...HA! Well, now I have joined the ranks of the unemployed. My job at Marketstar was working on the Whirlpool WSA program managing reps. As I said earlier, Whirlpool had another million-dollar budget cut to make and that's exactly how much it cost them to have Marketstar running the WSA program. So we are gone.
This is actually my last day, and as I write this, it is about 10:30. In an half-an-hour, I will leave Marketstar to go to lunch with some coworkers and then I will officially be unemployed again.
The good news, I have time to go visit my family and get some projects done. The bad news, I have no idea where I'm going to find a new job, or what the heck I even want to do. That makes it hard to look for a new job when you don't know where to start.
I really have enjoyed working at Marketstar. I know I've complained and had my bad days, but that is life. And I have to honestly say, there were more days when I was fine with coming to work then there were that I was dreading it. In fact, I don't think I absolutely hated my job for any longer than a month. That to me, is a great achievement. I will miss everyone I've met and I hope to stay in touch with them. Who knows, after Obama gets things straightened out...I may be back in my old cube in no time. :)
In the meantime, does anyone else want me to come and visit? :)

Comments

Unknown said…
See you are a clever writer. Why don't you try to get this submited somewhere freelance? And your snow paper.

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!