Last Trip to Walker Lake

This was probably our last visit to Walker Lake ever. Definitely our last time as a full family. If I think too hard about this, I'll probably start crying. Walker Lake is the most beautiful lake I've ever been to (and yes, I really mean that.) It was always one of my favorite things about living in Hawthorne, probably second only to the close proximity to Yosemite. It just seems fitting that our last time visiting was as a family.


Anyway, here are some pictures of our beach front picnic. :)


It was kind of un-typically cold for being June the entire time we were in Nevada. We had all planned on being able to swim, but when the day finally came, it had rained and was cold. In short, most of us chickened out and didn't go in the water.

Well, Coleman and Dad decided to show off how macho they were and decided to go for a swim.

I'm not sure if they showed off that or the fact that they were wimps. It took them FOREVER to actually get into the water.



They just kept walking and talking...



Finally when they were almost up to their necks anyway, they got in. Oh, and I just have to point out the fact that these boys are WHITE!!! It's probably a good thing Coleman was on his way to Hawaii.
We did get to see a beautiful sunset. Another good thing about Hawthorne, and Nevada in general. I've never seen better skies.


There were also a ton of pelicans on the lake. I counted at 20. This guy let me get close enough to take a pretty nice picture.



Anika loved the beach, except she kept kept trying to eat the sand.

Beautiful!!!


Makadie wanted to get in the water, it was just too cold.



I'm pretty sure the marshmallows were the hit of the evening.

I know Anika had more than one. :)


Comments

Man those boys are WHITE!!!
Jenalee Larsen said…
You do have some beautiful pictures of Walker Lake, Elia. I enjoyed looking at them. Thanks for sharing them.
Cactusgem said…
Hopefully it won't be your families last trip. We miss you all so much.
Bonnie, Andy and Mary

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!