KILLERS CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I think this will always be one of the coolest things I've done. It was such a great concert, and so much fun and all-around AWESOME!!!!!!!
First of all, I have to say, it's totally cool that Annette came all the way from Arizona just to go to the concert with me.
Second of all, we had a great time once we actually got on our way. Well, actually we had a great time after we got over being lost on the Freeway. Our original plan was to leave Ogden early enough to stop by the Gateway, do some recreational shopping and then go to dinner and then go down to West Valley for the concert. First of all we didn't leave Ogden nearly as early as we had planned. Somebody decided to get a treadmill for her birthday and it just about killed us trying to get it in the house.
By the time we were actually on the road, we didn't have time for the Gateway and a nice dinner. So we decided to do the Gateway and fast food. Then we missed the exit to the Gateway (which I am unjustly blaming on Annette) and ended up in West Valley City before we could figure out how to get off the freeway. Dumb road!
Since we were already there we decided that we should probably find the E Center. There were some restaurants around there but nothing else so we decided against trying to make a three hour meal out of Applebee's and headed back to Salt Lake. We then realized that there was no way we had time to go to the Gateway so we went back to a slightly original plan and found the Macaroni Grill next to the Capitol Theater.
Annette got a mushroom ravioli, she really liked it.
And I had honey balsamic chicken and it was fantastic!!!
We tried to stretch out our dinner as long as possible but still ended up with some time after. So we decided to walk around downtown and feel metropolitan like.
We ended up going over to the Gallivan Center which is an outdoor plaza they built for the Olympics. now they use it mainly for outdoor concerts and festivals and things like that. I've driven by it, but had never walked around. it's really pretty.

It looks like I'm getting rained on.

After we walked around there I realized we were right across the street from the Sam Weller's Bookstore. It's this huge, awesome used bookstore that I want to take Alita to. Well, since I had Annette instead of Alita, I took her instead. She was less than enthused but a good sport all the same.
In fact, the only problem of the night was that we missed the memo that concerts don't actually start when they say they're going to start. We did have time to take pictures though. :)
I looked cute!
Okay, so Annette didn't look bad either.
Oh, Annette is so old she had to wear earplugs during the opening act!
Then again, if I had had earplugs, I would have put them in too. The opening act was really bad. They were some new band out of San Diego and every song they played sounded like a bad cover. It wasn't pretty.

Anyway, the concert was amazing. I know I keep saying that, but it really was AMAZING!!!!! I could definitely be a concert goer, even though my legs are still sore. We had seats but once the Killers came out we didn't use them at all. I also bounced. The whole time, at least that's what Annette says.
First of all, I have to say, it's totally cool that Annette came all the way from Arizona just to go to the concert with me.
Second of all, we had a great time once we actually got on our way. Well, actually we had a great time after we got over being lost on the Freeway. Our original plan was to leave Ogden early enough to stop by the Gateway, do some recreational shopping and then go to dinner and then go down to West Valley for the concert. First of all we didn't leave Ogden nearly as early as we had planned. Somebody decided to get a treadmill for her birthday and it just about killed us trying to get it in the house.
By the time we were actually on the road, we didn't have time for the Gateway and a nice dinner. So we decided to do the Gateway and fast food. Then we missed the exit to the Gateway (which I am unjustly blaming on Annette) and ended up in West Valley City before we could figure out how to get off the freeway. Dumb road!
Since we were already there we decided that we should probably find the E Center. There were some restaurants around there but nothing else so we decided against trying to make a three hour meal out of Applebee's and headed back to Salt Lake. We then realized that there was no way we had time to go to the Gateway so we went back to a slightly original plan and found the Macaroni Grill next to the Capitol Theater.
Annette got a mushroom ravioli, she really liked it.
We ended up going over to the Gallivan Center which is an outdoor plaza they built for the Olympics. now they use it mainly for outdoor concerts and festivals and things like that. I've driven by it, but had never walked around. it's really pretty.
They had a concert going on, but it wasn't very interesting, at least I didn't think so. Annette probably would have stayed and listened longer.
They also had this cool fountain, rain thing
It looks like I'm getting rained on.
After we walked around there I realized we were right across the street from the Sam Weller's Bookstore. It's this huge, awesome used bookstore that I want to take Alita to. Well, since I had Annette instead of Alita, I took her instead. She was less than enthused but a good sport all the same.
By the time we left the bookstore both of us were really worried that we were going to be late to the concert. So we practically ran back to the car and sped down to the E-Center. Mom had heard that the parking there was really bad, but that proved to not be the case. In fact, we parked really close and got into the E-Center with no problems whatsoever. We even had time to buy our tour t-shirts, which are really cute by the way.
In fact, the only problem of the night was that we missed the memo that concerts don't actually start when they say they're going to start. We did have time to take pictures though. :)
I looked cute!
We were actually at the concert for THREE HOURS before the Killers even came out on stage. They had another opening act which was a rock mariachi band. They were pretty cool we were just so tired of waiting that it felt long.
Finally, FINALLY the Killers came out. They did one song and it was FANTASTIC and then they had to go back off stage due to technical difficulties. At this point, we were both wondering why the heck we had bothered to come at all. Then they came back out and answered that question for us.
THEY WERE SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!! I can't even stress how good they were. It was such an awesome concert and so much fun to be there. They're lead singer is a total cutie. The rest of the group is a pretty typical rock band. Lots of hair, lots of leather. :)
I took some pictures, they didn't turn out very good, but here they are anyway.
Comments