I'm so glad that 2010 is ending...
So, I thought I had started a tradition of writing an end of the year blog to summarize my highs and lows of the year. Well, apparently I didn't, because I couldn't find one for last year. Oh well, I've got some time now so here is my 2010 year in review.
2010 STINKS!!!!
This has been one of the worst years of my life! I don't think I've ever been so glad for an entire year to be gone. I don't want this entire blog to be a complaint though, so I will try to find some highlights as well. Maybe we'll play a game of unfortunately...fortunately.
Unfortunately, I have been sick the majority of this year. Most of you who read this blog, probably already know this, but I have ulcerative colitis. I know, I love having trendy illnesses. Last December things got really, really stressful at work. Our client was extremely demanding and we were constantly threatened with unemployment and tons of other fun things. In what I believe to be a direct result, I got sick. I've had stomach problems before of course, so when I was too sick at Christmas to enjoy food and fun, I thought it was just a normal thing. Well, then January came and I still didn't get better. In fact, I got even worse. I started throwing up. A lot. In fact, I didn't know it was possible to throw up that much. I've always said that I could never be bulimic because I hate throwing up so much. Boy was I wrong. I spent two months getting worse and worse until I was finally referred to a new GI and re-diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and put on the proper medicine. YEAH!!! I finally got better (sort of). I've still been fighting flare-ups and am currently being treated with steroids. And isn't that loads of fun.
Now for the fortunately. Being sick is horrible! I don't understand how people do it. I have been the whinniest person ever! I'm sure my mom can testify to that. There were a couple of good things to come out of all of this. First of all, I have the best parents ever! I know many of you probably think that your parents hold this title, but I'm sorry to burst that bubble. Mine are. My mom has been the most patient, understanding and caring person I could ask for. She drove me to dozens of Drs appointments only to sit there while they told me they didn't know what they could do. She watched them draw vial after vial of blood from my already emaciated form. :) She made me whatever food I could manage to ask for and then didn't even complain when I threw it up after. So Mom, thank you so much!!! You are my rock.
And Dad, don't think I've forgotten you either. The only thing worse than being sick is having to take care of yourself while you are sick. Dad patiently cleaned up after me, supported me and would go to the store anytime I managed a request of Popsicles. He would then patiently hose out my throw up bucket after I lost the Popsicle. He didn't even yell at me when I threw up rice all over his piano. He just patiently cleaned it up. Actually, he'd probably forgotten that happened...dang it, now I'm going to get yelled at. Anyway- Thank you Dad!
The 2nd highlight of being so sick- I've lost a ton of weight!!! I am now skinnier than I have been since high school. Although I would never recommend doing it this way it was successful. I am now 60 pounds lighter than I was at the start of this year! That is very, very exciting to me. Any of you who would like to comment, please do so by saying "60 pounds, that's a BackStreet Boy". If you need the explanation of where that quote comes from, just ask. I'm hoping to take this new me into 2011 and get smoking hot. :)
Okay, here is my second unfortunately. I am going to be unemployed again in a week. Marketstar has once again decided that the best way to fix the FlexTeam is to lay us all off and start over again. This will be my second time being laid off from Marketstar and the FlexTeam. And I do have to say, this will be my last time. I came back once, I'm not stupid enough to do it again.
Fortunately- I'm very excited to move on! Granted, I have no idea where I'm moving on to, but I am still happy to be doing so. This has not been a good year at work. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I've been so sick. But a lot of me being so sick has had to do with going-ons at work. Earlier this summer, a good friend and trusted boss was fired. It was completely unexpected and very hard to cope with. A few months later, another boss was fired, again, unexpected and hard to cope with. These big incidents have been mixed with a year of stress, client demands and constant threats of being fired, laid off and otherwise demoted. I haven't been happy here for a while and I have to believe that wherever I land next will be an improvement.
Okay, those are my two big happenings for the year. I have had some other fun things happen and I'll try to remember a few of them now.
We went to Disneyland for my birthday! I am officially a Disneyland fan. After I went there in High School, I decided that theme parks weren't for me and I never needed to go again. Then Alita and Annette convinced Mom, Dad and I to go again a few years ago and it was really fun. Well, since then, I've been anxious to go back. So this year, we decided to go for my birthday. It was so much fun. I have to thank my dr. again for saving the trip. I had another flare-up about a month before the trip and was not getting any better. I was very close to canceling my flight and giving up my ticket when he put me on steroids. He told me that I would be better in days, but after hearing that before, I had some pretty high doubts. Well, he was right. I was better and able to enjoy Disneyland, even though it was record-breaking heat while we were there. This time around it was Annette, Alita, Coleman, Roni and the little girls and me. We had such a great time and I agree with Anika, it's time to go back!
Okay, I'm having trouble remembering what else happened this year. Hopefully I can find some time in January to post some pictures. Here's hoping for a better time!
2010 STINKS!!!!
This has been one of the worst years of my life! I don't think I've ever been so glad for an entire year to be gone. I don't want this entire blog to be a complaint though, so I will try to find some highlights as well. Maybe we'll play a game of unfortunately...fortunately.
Unfortunately, I have been sick the majority of this year. Most of you who read this blog, probably already know this, but I have ulcerative colitis. I know, I love having trendy illnesses. Last December things got really, really stressful at work. Our client was extremely demanding and we were constantly threatened with unemployment and tons of other fun things. In what I believe to be a direct result, I got sick. I've had stomach problems before of course, so when I was too sick at Christmas to enjoy food and fun, I thought it was just a normal thing. Well, then January came and I still didn't get better. In fact, I got even worse. I started throwing up. A lot. In fact, I didn't know it was possible to throw up that much. I've always said that I could never be bulimic because I hate throwing up so much. Boy was I wrong. I spent two months getting worse and worse until I was finally referred to a new GI and re-diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and put on the proper medicine. YEAH!!! I finally got better (sort of). I've still been fighting flare-ups and am currently being treated with steroids. And isn't that loads of fun.
Now for the fortunately. Being sick is horrible! I don't understand how people do it. I have been the whinniest person ever! I'm sure my mom can testify to that. There were a couple of good things to come out of all of this. First of all, I have the best parents ever! I know many of you probably think that your parents hold this title, but I'm sorry to burst that bubble. Mine are. My mom has been the most patient, understanding and caring person I could ask for. She drove me to dozens of Drs appointments only to sit there while they told me they didn't know what they could do. She watched them draw vial after vial of blood from my already emaciated form. :) She made me whatever food I could manage to ask for and then didn't even complain when I threw it up after. So Mom, thank you so much!!! You are my rock.
And Dad, don't think I've forgotten you either. The only thing worse than being sick is having to take care of yourself while you are sick. Dad patiently cleaned up after me, supported me and would go to the store anytime I managed a request of Popsicles. He would then patiently hose out my throw up bucket after I lost the Popsicle. He didn't even yell at me when I threw up rice all over his piano. He just patiently cleaned it up. Actually, he'd probably forgotten that happened...dang it, now I'm going to get yelled at. Anyway- Thank you Dad!
The 2nd highlight of being so sick- I've lost a ton of weight!!! I am now skinnier than I have been since high school. Although I would never recommend doing it this way it was successful. I am now 60 pounds lighter than I was at the start of this year! That is very, very exciting to me. Any of you who would like to comment, please do so by saying "60 pounds, that's a BackStreet Boy". If you need the explanation of where that quote comes from, just ask. I'm hoping to take this new me into 2011 and get smoking hot. :)
Okay, here is my second unfortunately. I am going to be unemployed again in a week. Marketstar has once again decided that the best way to fix the FlexTeam is to lay us all off and start over again. This will be my second time being laid off from Marketstar and the FlexTeam. And I do have to say, this will be my last time. I came back once, I'm not stupid enough to do it again.
Fortunately- I'm very excited to move on! Granted, I have no idea where I'm moving on to, but I am still happy to be doing so. This has not been a good year at work. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I've been so sick. But a lot of me being so sick has had to do with going-ons at work. Earlier this summer, a good friend and trusted boss was fired. It was completely unexpected and very hard to cope with. A few months later, another boss was fired, again, unexpected and hard to cope with. These big incidents have been mixed with a year of stress, client demands and constant threats of being fired, laid off and otherwise demoted. I haven't been happy here for a while and I have to believe that wherever I land next will be an improvement.
Okay, those are my two big happenings for the year. I have had some other fun things happen and I'll try to remember a few of them now.
We went to Disneyland for my birthday! I am officially a Disneyland fan. After I went there in High School, I decided that theme parks weren't for me and I never needed to go again. Then Alita and Annette convinced Mom, Dad and I to go again a few years ago and it was really fun. Well, since then, I've been anxious to go back. So this year, we decided to go for my birthday. It was so much fun. I have to thank my dr. again for saving the trip. I had another flare-up about a month before the trip and was not getting any better. I was very close to canceling my flight and giving up my ticket when he put me on steroids. He told me that I would be better in days, but after hearing that before, I had some pretty high doubts. Well, he was right. I was better and able to enjoy Disneyland, even though it was record-breaking heat while we were there. This time around it was Annette, Alita, Coleman, Roni and the little girls and me. We had such a great time and I agree with Anika, it's time to go back!
Okay, I'm having trouble remembering what else happened this year. Hopefully I can find some time in January to post some pictures. Here's hoping for a better time!
Comments