Phoenix Zoo- February 2009
Okay, I'm playing more catch up. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth my time to post pictures from over a year ago, but then I remember that these pictures are still fun and my time is worth very little right now. So I'm going to go ahead.
Back in 2009 I had my yearly President's Day trip to Arizona to visit the girls. This is a treasured tradition for me. First of all, the weather is always horrible in Utah during that time and for some reason February is a horribly long month as well, so this is a nice break for me.
Well, this time we decided to take a trip out to the Phoenix Zoo. Anyone who is going to Phoenix for any reason should find some time for the zoo. I have been to a lot of zoos, have even worked at one for a day :), so I do know what I'm talking about when I say that Phoenix has a very, very good zoo. I love it there. Here are the pictures from this particular visit.
We always ride the train when we go to the zoo. It's a great break from walking around.
There was a keeper cleaning out the giant turtle exhibit. It was hilarious to see the turtle calmly standing there while she swept around and under him. I love turtles (or technically- tortoises)
Here's one of the adorable squirrel monkeys. They are SOOO CUTE! And I love their exhibit- minus the incident from the last time I went to the zoo, but you'll just have to wait for those pictures to hear that story.
Have you ever seen a lion in a zoo not sleeping? If I'm reincarnated, I want to come back as a lion in a zoo. They have the best lives.
One section of the zoo is a "Colombian village" so we took a picture for Coleman.
Some antelop for Mom.
Me hanging out with a giant frog.
Here's a meerkat standing guard.
I love otters. They are one of the most cuddly, sweet, cute creatures in the entire earth! If someone really loves me, they'll get me one for a pet.
If you look closely you can see a tiger in the tree. it was crazy to see him all the way up there. If he had jumped down, he would easily have landed on our side of his fence.
Alita and me at teh entrance.
petting the stingrays
Rhinos
Annette showing her true colors. :)
More squirrel monkey.
Well, that's it for zoo pictures. Honestly people, if you ever go to Arizona, skip the Grand Canyon, go to the Zoo. :)
Back in 2009 I had my yearly President's Day trip to Arizona to visit the girls. This is a treasured tradition for me. First of all, the weather is always horrible in Utah during that time and for some reason February is a horribly long month as well, so this is a nice break for me.
Well, this time we decided to take a trip out to the Phoenix Zoo. Anyone who is going to Phoenix for any reason should find some time for the zoo. I have been to a lot of zoos, have even worked at one for a day :), so I do know what I'm talking about when I say that Phoenix has a very, very good zoo. I love it there. Here are the pictures from this particular visit.
We always ride the train when we go to the zoo. It's a great break from walking around.
Comments