Santa Ines Mission
So this year, Mom decided she really wanted to go to the Rose Parade again. She and Dad went about three years or so ago and really had a good time. Well, the tour they traveled with wasn't available, but we found another one and decided to sign up. So Annette, Alita, Mom, Dad and I left for sunny California on December 28th, which coincidentally is a very good time to leave Utah. Granted it wasn't as warm as we were hoping, but California will always trump a Utah Winter.
With the tour, we had several days of vacation and exploration before we even made it to the parade. A few of these days were spent in Solvang, CA, a very charming town that I had never heard of until we booked this tour. We explored that town and several surrounding areas. One of which was the Santa Ines Mission. A very beautiful place. The monks had it right when they picked real estate. :)
They had a gorgeous stations of the Cross garden, but it was backlight, so most of my pictures didn't work.
The inside was a lot cheerier than some other Catholic missions I've been to. The walls were painted with embellishments, including some that looked like a red rock. Very pretty.
Mom and Dad enjoying their time away from care taking. :)
Alita
And Alita again.
Apparently Annette and I weren't hanging out together here. You'd think I'd have a picture. Oh well, I don't have one of me either.
Anyway, a fun visit to a beautiful location. More to come (hopefully)
With the tour, we had several days of vacation and exploration before we even made it to the parade. A few of these days were spent in Solvang, CA, a very charming town that I had never heard of until we booked this tour. We explored that town and several surrounding areas. One of which was the Santa Ines Mission. A very beautiful place. The monks had it right when they picked real estate. :)
They had a gorgeous stations of the Cross garden, but it was backlight, so most of my pictures didn't work.
The inside was a lot cheerier than some other Catholic missions I've been to. The walls were painted with embellishments, including some that looked like a red rock. Very pretty.
Mom and Dad enjoying their time away from care taking. :)
Alita
And Alita again.
Apparently Annette and I weren't hanging out together here. You'd think I'd have a picture. Oh well, I don't have one of me either.
Anyway, a fun visit to a beautiful location. More to come (hopefully)
Comments