Hanging out in Arizona
Before and after the excitement of Christmas, we had a lot of down time. This meant that we had ample opportunity to "bond" no worries though, we came apart quite successfully. That's a joke, and now that I read it, I realize that it's not a very funny one. Oh well, all in the day of a blogger I guess.
First of all, we played a lot of phase 10. It's a good thing we don't pay for money or I would owe my family more than I already do. Mom and Alita seem to be exceptionally good at cards. I wonder if that would hold over into poker, we should hit the tables sometime. :)


The girls' cat JunJun has a lot of weird habits, the most irritating being that no matter what I do, he's still scared of me. I deeply resent that. Anyway, now that he can't go out into the backyard as he pleases, he now goes out on the roof of the patios downstairs. He walks around, looks over the edge (which scares me every time) and sits on the edge looking like a combination of gargoyle and watch-cat. It's pretty cute when it's not giving me a heart attack from fright.

I was able to convince Alita (it wasn't very hard) that we should have Filipino food one day that we were there. It's just about the only thing she can cook, and boy does she do it well. I guess everyone needs to be good at something (just kidding Alita)

Mom and I were exiled to the task of plucking bean sprouts. Can you even do that, some might ask? Apparently you can. Because we did. A lot.

I suppose it was worth it for Lumpia. That stuff really is fantastic.
First of all, we played a lot of phase 10. It's a good thing we don't pay for money or I would owe my family more than I already do. Mom and Alita seem to be exceptionally good at cards. I wonder if that would hold over into poker, we should hit the tables sometime. :)


The girls' cat JunJun has a lot of weird habits, the most irritating being that no matter what I do, he's still scared of me. I deeply resent that. Anyway, now that he can't go out into the backyard as he pleases, he now goes out on the roof of the patios downstairs. He walks around, looks over the edge (which scares me every time) and sits on the edge looking like a combination of gargoyle and watch-cat. It's pretty cute when it's not giving me a heart attack from fright.

I was able to convince Alita (it wasn't very hard) that we should have Filipino food one day that we were there. It's just about the only thing she can cook, and boy does she do it well. I guess everyone needs to be good at something (just kidding Alita)

Mom and I were exiled to the task of plucking bean sprouts. Can you even do that, some might ask? Apparently you can. Because we did. A lot.

I suppose it was worth it for Lumpia. That stuff really is fantastic.
Comments