Floyd's 60th Birthday Bash!
Last Saturday Mom, Grandma and I went to Layton to help Uncle Floyd celebrate is big 6-0. Man are you guys getting old! Anyway, Carol had a pretty fun party planned at the Golden Corral (that's Floyd's favorite restaurant.) They had a private room reserved so we could get as loud as we wanted. That's probably a good thing, because there were a lot of people there. In addition to us, Wayne and Roch were there, and all of Floyd's kids, kids-in-law and their kids, and Carol's sisters. Everyone had a great time, including Grandma (she's still talking about the food :) ) and so I decided that I would share some pictures with all of you. So enjoy.
Carol had it decorated really nice. Mom and I took some 60's stuff we had from Dad's party and added that. The funnest part was this picture display she had of Floyd in the various stages of life. It was really cute.

Mom also played the part of the balloon lady. Carol asked if we could bring a balloon for each of the little ones. So we did and we threw in a black you're 60 balloon for good measure.

Seeing that it was a buffet, there was a lot of eating and a lot of enjoying what we were eating. This is one of Nancy's twins. I think he just recently learned how to "cheese" because he was anxious to show it off. They are cute, cute little boys.

When eating started to wind down, Floyd's kids had prepared a "Roast-Toast", which was much more Toast than Roast, but it was still fun to hear their stories.
There were some tears...

some laughs...

and some stories about being arrested.

Just kidding, but that is what this picture looks like. Don't ask me why Brian was standing like that.
The best part for Mom and I was that Grandma had a really good time. She even got in on the action and shared some stories about Floyd's childhood. It was pretty funny.

Then there were presents, and a cake, which Jared (Karen's oldest) blew out the candles. It was pretty funny.

And that was the party. This is just a funny picture I ended up with of Karen. I told her she looks a little like Victoria Beckham with the big sunglasses and covering up her face with the cup.

So that was Uncle Floyd's 60th birthday in a nutshell, or a post, whichever you prefer. I decided that I'd take pictures and send them to Floyd for my birthday present. So hopefully, no one in his family looks at my blog, because it's supposed to be a surprise. So no one tell Floyd.
Carol had it decorated really nice. Mom and I took some 60's stuff we had from Dad's party and added that. The funnest part was this picture display she had of Floyd in the various stages of life. It was really cute.

Mom also played the part of the balloon lady. Carol asked if we could bring a balloon for each of the little ones. So we did and we threw in a black you're 60 balloon for good measure.

Seeing that it was a buffet, there was a lot of eating and a lot of enjoying what we were eating. This is one of Nancy's twins. I think he just recently learned how to "cheese" because he was anxious to show it off. They are cute, cute little boys.

When eating started to wind down, Floyd's kids had prepared a "Roast-Toast", which was much more Toast than Roast, but it was still fun to hear their stories.
There were some tears...

some laughs...

and some stories about being arrested.

Just kidding, but that is what this picture looks like. Don't ask me why Brian was standing like that.
The best part for Mom and I was that Grandma had a really good time. She even got in on the action and shared some stories about Floyd's childhood. It was pretty funny.

Then there were presents, and a cake, which Jared (Karen's oldest) blew out the candles. It was pretty funny.

And that was the party. This is just a funny picture I ended up with of Karen. I told her she looks a little like Victoria Beckham with the big sunglasses and covering up her face with the cup.

So that was Uncle Floyd's 60th birthday in a nutshell, or a post, whichever you prefer. I decided that I'd take pictures and send them to Floyd for my birthday present. So hopefully, no one in his family looks at my blog, because it's supposed to be a surprise. So no one tell Floyd.
Comments