Arizona!!! (It rained)
2. Get away from the cold! Utah seemed to be snowier and colder than ever before. Granted this is only my third winter out of the great state of Nevada, but people, enough is enough.
Anyway, I decided that i would solve these two problems by going to Arizona for a much needed vacation. Besides, I like hanging out with my sisters, and I especially like they're new house. Honestly, guys, it's fantastic. So they invited me down for the three day weekend.
Mostly the plan was to just hang out and enjoy the sunshine. Of course the first two days I was there, it rained. And I'm not talking about a polite drizzle. I'm talking about Monsoon rain here. So much for promises of sunny Arizona. Still, I didn't have to shovel anything off the driveway so i stayed happy.
Saturday we decided to go to the Arizona Science Museum. None of us had been there before and they were currently hosting the official Titanic Exhibit. Alita teaches about the Titanic in one of her classes and Annette and I have both seen the movie, so we decided that it would be fun to go see all the artifacts.
It was amazing. Seriously, one of the neatest museum exhibits I've ever seen. if any of you ever have a chance, make time, it's worth it. They didn't allow any photos to be taken in the exhibit so that was the only downside. We did however, take some outside the museum.
Alita was gracious enough to pose for a picture.
Then she made us take a really quick picture and then run away. She spotted one of her students and that was just too embarrassing to be seen (apparently)
By the time we finished the museum we were starving, so we went to this village type thing there at the museum and found a few restaurant options. They were all supposed to be based on authentic time periods. My vote was for the English Pub which I thought would guarantee me some fish and chips, but the girls decided they wanted to go to a Victorian Tea House. Sounds cute and fun right? No. The service was horrible (oh so slow) our meals all came out at different times and the portions were so small. They also sat us right next to the bathroom which was a little weird. So after paying too much, we were still hungry. The only good thing is the house reminded us a lot of our old house in Hawthorne, so that was cool.
After dinner we walked around a little bit, but most of the museums were closed by then. They did have this gorgeous old house that we were hoping to tour, but no such luck.
So all in all, Titanic exhibit- AWESOME
Tea Room- not so much.
Comments