Reno Trip!!!
Okay, these pictures might be from way back in October, but I don't want to hear any complaining. You people wanted pictures, I'm giving you pictures.
So, back in October, for some crazy reason, my two friends (that's right, I have two) believed me when I said it would be fun to spend their fall break from school in Nevada. Now don't ask me what they were thinking, I haven't been able to figure that out myself. But I called Dad and he and I agreed that we could give them a pretty impressive vacation if they were willing to fork over the dough for plane tickets. I know that it would have been more of a traditional "road trip" if we had actually...taken the road, but for three days in Nevada, I am not willing to spend two of those driving from here to there. So Thursday evening, the three of us flew into Reno and were met there by Dad.
Our first surprise came there. Dad had instructions to get us two tower rooms at the Peppermill. Well, when I called to tell him that we had landed, he told me that he had a surprise back at the hotel and we should go straight there. Now, I have been "surprised" by Dad before and usually it isn't anything worth rushing too, so Dave, Amanda and I decided that we'd rather hit the strip first. We ended up spending time (and probably more money than necessary) at the Circus Circus midway, which in my opinion is a must when visiting Reno.
When we finally got back to the hotel, we found out that Dad really did have a surprise. Because it was a slow Thursday, Dad had been upgraded to two patio suites in the new Tuscan Tower. It was so fun!
Amanda absolutely fell in love with the bed, which she has named "Tuscan". This picture looks a little like a crime scene, but you try to take a picture in a hotel room that looks good. :)
We only stayed one night at the Peppermill and the next day found our way to the Coffee Shop while Dad went to his NevadaWorks meeting. And yes, I had the blueberry pancakes, Annette and Alita.

Dave, Amanda and Me at the Tahoe Overlook

This was the view from Fanny Bridge. I'm really quite proud of this picture, I thought it was pretty awesome.

The next day we left pretty early for our marathon day. The festivities started in Bodie, CA. I had told both Dave and Amanda about Bodie but as usual, they really had no idea what to expect. In fact, Dave didn't actually believe me that it was going to be awesome. No one really understands Bodie until they've seen it for themselves. Which is why everyone should have to visit Bodie!

It was FREEZING that day. I know Bodie gets cold, but I had never been there so late in the year. I actually ended up buying a new sweatshirt (mostly because it was cute) because it was cold.

Amanda toured the whole place wrapped in a blanket.
The Sierras were looking especially beautiful. I got some great pictures.
Even Dad was cold...
So, back in October, for some crazy reason, my two friends (that's right, I have two) believed me when I said it would be fun to spend their fall break from school in Nevada. Now don't ask me what they were thinking, I haven't been able to figure that out myself. But I called Dad and he and I agreed that we could give them a pretty impressive vacation if they were willing to fork over the dough for plane tickets. I know that it would have been more of a traditional "road trip" if we had actually...taken the road, but for three days in Nevada, I am not willing to spend two of those driving from here to there. So Thursday evening, the three of us flew into Reno and were met there by Dad.
Our first surprise came there. Dad had instructions to get us two tower rooms at the Peppermill. Well, when I called to tell him that we had landed, he told me that he had a surprise back at the hotel and we should go straight there. Now, I have been "surprised" by Dad before and usually it isn't anything worth rushing too, so Dave, Amanda and I decided that we'd rather hit the strip first. We ended up spending time (and probably more money than necessary) at the Circus Circus midway, which in my opinion is a must when visiting Reno.
When we finally got back to the hotel, we found out that Dad really did have a surprise. Because it was a slow Thursday, Dad had been upgraded to two patio suites in the new Tuscan Tower. It was so fun!
Amanda absolutely fell in love with the bed, which she has named "Tuscan". This picture looks a little like a crime scene, but you try to take a picture in a hotel room that looks good. :)
We only stayed one night at the Peppermill and the next day found our way to the Coffee Shop while Dad went to his NevadaWorks meeting. And yes, I had the blueberry pancakes, Annette and Alita.Around noon, Dad was through and came and picked us up at the hotel. After a quick drive around some of the Reno highlights, we made our way to Lake Tahoe. Neither Amanda or Dave had ever been there, and they were both anxious to see it. I have to say, even if I think Walker Lake is prettier, it is pretty impressive.
Dave, Amanda and Me at the Tahoe Overlook
This was the view from Fanny Bridge. I'm really quite proud of this picture, I thought it was pretty awesome.

The next day we left pretty early for our marathon day. The festivities started in Bodie, CA. I had told both Dave and Amanda about Bodie but as usual, they really had no idea what to expect. In fact, Dave didn't actually believe me that it was going to be awesome. No one really understands Bodie until they've seen it for themselves. Which is why everyone should have to visit Bodie!

It was FREEZING that day. I know Bodie gets cold, but I had never been there so late in the year. I actually ended up buying a new sweatshirt (mostly because it was cute) because it was cold.

Amanda toured the whole place wrapped in a blanket.
After we finished with Bodie, we made our way over to Mammoth. By this time it was getting pretty late, so we kind of zipped through the high points. The only pictures I have are from the Vista Overlook. Now it was really, REALLY cold here. It's always cold at that high of a point, but in October, it was freeze-your-nose-hairs-cold.
Dave kept wandering off anytime the car stopped. Here he ended up on the wrong side of the fence. That pretty much guarantees that we don't want to take him to Yosemite or the Grand Canyon.
The Sierras were looking especially beautiful. I got some great pictures.
Even Dad was cold...








Comments