More from Astoria

So, apparently Astoria's claim to fame is that a lot of famous movies have been filmed there, such as Free Willy, Kindergarten Cop, Pointe Break and perhaps most famous - Goonies.

When we finished the House Museum, I spotted a sign that said Oregon Film Museum so of course I had to go in.  It was actually one of the cheesier "museums" I have toured, but we enjoyed it anyway.  Most of it was dedicated to the Goonies as apparently a scene from the movie was filmed in the building.  I am not a fan of Goonies (saw it once as an adult thought it was stupider than stupid) but Annette and Alita, being true children of the 80s, still have fond memories.
 Annette cheesing and Alita waiting for her to stop :)

 This is the building that the jail scene was filmed in.  So this is what I would look like in jail...the beds are too short, so let's hope I never end up there.

 And of course I had to take pictures of my favorite ever!!!
Okay, so part of the museum was an area where you were supposed to act out scenes from these movies and learn what making a movie is really like.  We found out that we are extremely bad at making movies.  I guess it's a lesson everyone needs to learn.  Here's the link to our movie takes:

http://www.ofmfilms.com/share.php?id=000001520c38e68

Enjoy.  Because as soon as Alita finds this, I'll have to take it down. :)

Comments

Alita said…
At least your link doesn't work

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!