Festivities at Promentory Point
Anyway, other than being the ugliest piece of desert I've ever seen, it was really fun. Mom went to a reenactment last year down at Union Station, but she hadn't been to the one out at the site. The main difference is that they have trains out at Promontory Point. Really, really, shiny trains.
There was a guy talking in the visitor's center about all the research they have done to find the accurate colors and style for these trains, and they were pretty impressive.

And they even move. How's that for cool?

They had all the reinactors there in full costume (they must have been sweating up a storm) and they did a really fun job. Most of them even had their parts memorized.

So basically, it was a fun little outing with Janean. She always enjoys the company of Miller and Miller (I'm thinking of starting a comedic routine with that name.)
After we saw everything at the Point (which really doesn't take all day) we stopped at the Brigham Bird Refuge. It was really cool, but too late in the day to get good pictures. So all ended up with was pictures of a very photogenic Yellow-headed Blackbird (a pack of smarties goes to the person who can guess why it's called that.)
This picture is of a beaver. I promise that's what it is, you just have to look really, really, really hard..jpg)
Comments
And you, think a desert is ugly? I'm in shock. (No sarcasm, really.)