Mom's Mother's Day Cruise

I know I'm still playing a little bit of catch-up, but these pictures are worth not missing. I'm very modest, as you can all tell.

For Mother's Day I took Mom on a cruise of the Great Salt Lake. It was something that I had been thinking about for a while and knew that she would really enjoy it. She's already been on a few lake cruises- including the M.S. Dixie on Lake Tahoe. So when I asked her if that's what she would like, she said "yes."

So I get online and made the reservations and we went on our cruise. It was $20 a ticket or $40 for the dinner. Since I wasn't' actually working yet, I decided there was no reason to splurge and we just did the cruise.

We got there a tad early and had some time to waste before we could get on the boat.
So we spent some time looking around the marina. I think Mom was wishing that she had a sailboat to play with.


I really had no idea how big it would be, but i was surprised that it was as small as it was. I guess the lake isn't that big!



Here's Mom with the boat.


One cool thing about not having the dinner was for the first hour we had the top deck almost to ourselves (there was one other couple up there with us.)




I also had plenty of uninterrupted time to play with my camera. I'm not sure when the last time I went to the lake, but it was definitely before I was a photographer.


Of course the highlight (and main purpose) of the trip was the Sunset, and it didn't disappoint. We did have to share it with all of the dinners who came up on the roof with us, but that wasn't too bad :)

At least there was someone to take our picture.



The Sunset really was gorgeous, and I was able to get some nice shots.





So if anyone sees anything they would like for their birthday, or new house (Alita) please let me know.

In the meantime, tell us when you're coming to visit next, because we would love to go again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!