Phoenix Art Museum

Okay, here are some more pictures for all of you who are still checking my blog, which I actually think is a pretty slim amount. I really should update this more often.

Anyway, I was supposed to go visit Annette and Alita during my normal President's Day vacation, but this year, as some of you might now, I was deathly ill for two months. Although I promised myself I would be better in time, I wasn't and I had to cancel my trip.

I did get to reschedule though, so maybe I should say that I postponed my trip.

One of the things on my list of "to dos" when I went to Arizona was to go to the Phoenix Art Museum. They had an exhibit of Ansel Adams photography. I'm sure you can all figure out why I would have wanted to go there. Apparently when Ansel Adams died, he left his entire collection, photographs, negatives, journals, pretty much everything to the University of Arizona. Wow, that was a surprise. So they had lent the Museum some amazing pieces for the exhibit. It was AMAZING!!! I could have spent all day there. Of course, I was with Annette and Alita and although they enjoyed it, they still breezed through a little quicker than me.

After we toured that exhibit, we decided to see what else the museum had to offer. The Renaissance Art wing was closed for remodel which disappointed Alita. That's her favorite art period. Me, I like abstract and they had some really remarkable pieces.


This was a giant wall full of what looked like posted notes. That was about the size of the paper. I have no idea how long it would have taken to create this but it was really cool. One side was blue and the other was pink/yellow


It's hard to tell but this painting was totally 3-D. It was pretty awesome.

They also had a clothing exhibit going on. From the fliers we actually thought it would be bigger than it was, but it was still pretty cool. It was all "war-time" clothes from the 40's.



I personally like the Rosie the Riveter look.


It was a fun museum over all, but I don't think anything can top the Ansel Adams exhibit. That was just AWESOME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!