Memorial Weekend- Bodie

Here's the moment I know you have all been waiting for. My fabulous pictures from our trip over Memorial Weekend. I apologize for not posting them sooner, I started working right before we left and have been working ever since. That's the only down side to a full-time job, no time to do my own work. :)



We had an awesome time this weekend. Dad was whining about never having company at his cabin in Hawthorne, so we decided to indulge him this one time and go down for a visit. Our original plan had been to invite Alice, Mom and I thought that would be fun. But it turned out she was working (see the stuff gets in the way) so we took her parents instead. Floyd and Carol claimed they had been to Hawthorne before, but didn't remember seeing any of the good stuff. So that's where we went.



I think you all know that the best Hawthorne has to offer is over the California border. So Saturday, that's where we headed.



First stop was Bodie. I still absolutely love this ghost town and can't help but take a million pictures while I'm there.




We almost took the tour of the Mill, but it was extra money so we decided not to. Everyone kept looking at me to make the decision and I had to remind them that I was the one person there who had no money.


My favorite Bodie building is still the church. I think it all stems from the picture I took while I was taking Tony's photo class.


This is one of Mom's favorite pictures. I titled it "Old Fogies" because, let's face it, that's who I hang out with. :)


Someone, usually Mom,always reminds me to get a picture of me too. So I did, and I actually thought this one was pretty cute.


One of Carol's favorite places was the General Store. They still have a window display for dressmakers. She was pretty fascinated with that.


Personally, I thought there was funnier stuff in the window. Look close and see if you can find what I'm talking about (and yes, I am immature.)


There was a seagull sitting on top of the Church steeple. He looked very content, like he owned the world (or at least the church.)


All in all, we had a great time. I love Bodie, I'm glad I was able to go at least one more time.

Comments

Unknown said…
I looked really close and I can't see anything funny in the store window.
Nice shirt Elia~

Thanks for posting again! I check almost everyday, and am always excited to see you pictures!

I too could not find what you were talking about. I have an idea by the shape of stuff, but with all that dust it was hard to really see!

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!