YOSEMITE!!!!
I love Yosemite. I hadn't actually been there since the day after I graduated from high school. For those of you who still think that I'm in high school, I graduated seven years ago. I fully realize that I am getting old.
We started out with a quick stop at whatever lake it is before you get to Yosemite. It was really pretty, if a tad bit chilly.
After we got into the park we made the mandatory stop to see Half Dome and try to see golden marmots. The marmots didn't come out to play, but it's pretty hard for Half Dome to hide. So there it was in all of it's tall, half glory.
And then since everyone insists on me sitting for pictures, I sat for a picture. I know, I look like a regular hiker-chick. Too bad I'm really no good at hiking. :)
Floyd and Carol seemed to enjoy themselves too.
And of course Annette insisted on jumping in to a picture too. You just can't keep that girl from in front of the camera.
Then I galantly saved her from a falling boulder. Aren't I strong?
This is the gorgeous picture that Mom will soon have hanging on her wall. Please don't ask what mountain it is, I don't have any idea.
Bridalveil Falls was as pretty as ever, but a little sad. There just wasn't enough water to believe that it was memorial weekend.
We even got to see wildlife. I promise there is a snake in this picture, it's just a little hard to see. :)
Yosemite Upper and Lower falls were just as beautiful as always.
And we all had a great time.
Over all, it was an awesome trip. It felt good to get back there, and I hope it isn't another seven years before I go again.
We were all a little tired by the time we drove home, and things got a little loopy...
but that's a story for another day, right? Oh, Annette, is this what you meant by dorky pictures?
Comments