Walker Lake

In my excitement to blog the beauty of Yosemite, I almost forgot that we went to and I photographed Walker Lake! I can't believe I almost forgot. After all, it's my second most favorite place in the world (as Ashley can probably tell you.)
Sunday night, we decided to go to Walker Lake and roast hot dogs. It was rather successful and we only ran into two problems, it was abnormally windy (actually, considering it was the Lake, we probably should have expected that) and Mom forgot to bring the roaster sticks. I know, I was shocked and appalled as well.
So, on account of the wind, I didn't take a ton of pictures, just enough to get the point. Enjoy.

Mom thinks this picture sums up the characteristics of her daughters quite well. Alita is reading the paper, Annette is helping Dad and I was taking the picture. :)

You can almost tell how windy it was. The water was pretty choppy.

Dad had some trouble getting the fire big enough to roast a Vienna sausage, let alone a hot dog.
Mom managed to find the chips anyway.

Annette tried to impress us all with her hot dog skills, but mine were definitely better.

We really had a great time. It's a fun little tradition we're forming to go to the lake anytime we go to Hawthorne. After all, it is the prettiest thing Hawthorne has to offer.

Comments

Elia,

I check a few times a day to see if you have updated your blog! Just so you know--we do look at it!

It was fun having you come to CO in Sept! I hope you had a good visit!

Thanks for being the picture taker for the weekend. We are excited to see the pictures. If you ever get tired of being the picture taker--we can start using our camera when we are together again! But if you are taking pics it always seems like it takes forever if we try to get all the same poses with our camera too!
Hmmmm,

Still NO NEW posts?????

What is going on here????
Major Bubbles said…
Elia, for all the grief you gave me for not putting a comment here, I feel slightly cheated. I totally have never been to this lake, though it seems gorgeous, and so I now feel obligated to be bitter. Dang it! But, on a more serious note, when will you write some more?

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!