Reagan Presidential Library and Museum

I will start this off with stating that I am a democrat.  I grew up in a democratic household and Jimmy Carter is one of my dad's all time favorite people.  So when I found out that we were going to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, my first thought was "ugh, what a waste of California."  But then I realized that I didn't know all that much about his presidency  and as Alita says, any museum can be fascinating if the information is presented well.  So I told myself that his could be a great learning opportunity and I should appreciate it.

Well, as far as the material being presented well - yeah, they missed on that.  This was one of the worst museums I have ever had to walk through.  I didn't learn anything new about his presidency and the "information" was presented in such a skewed - "he was the hero of our country" way, that it was almost nauseating.  

That being said - I still took some pictures. :)  

They had a temporary exhibit of Christmas trees representing the different decades and what our Country's culture was like.

 Me on a horse. :)
 The Oval Office as it looked during his presidency.  The curator did tell us something funny.  Back when Pres. Reagan was still alive, he used to like to come and hang out here, sitting at the desk and waving to guests as they passed.
 They also have an Air Force One.  This was pretty cool.  It was surprising how small it was though.  I'm pretty sure the ones these days are a bit fancier.

 The setting from the museum really is gorgeous!  A great few of the valley.


This was my favorite tree (naturally)
 And this is a piece of the Berlin wall.  That was fascinating.
There was one redeeming (and boy did it redeem the day) part of the museum, a traveling exhibit that deserves it's own Post.  So it should be up in a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!