My 25th Birthday!
I think you all know by now that I decided that this was the birthday that was to end my youth. For some reason I never planned on being 25. This isn't to say that I thought I would be dead, or non-existent by 25, I just didn't think I would ever be 25. I know that probably doesn't make much sense, but when I realized that this was the birthday when I would suddenly be closer to 30 than 20... I freaked out. I even thought about canceling my birthday all together.
Okay, stop laughing, we all know that would never happen. I did tell Mom that since I was living at home, I thought I deserved a birthday week. Since Mom actually likes doing birthday weeks almost more than I like getting them, she had no problems with this. It was pretty fun. Working every day was a little weird, but Mom really came up with some fun stuff. She even had Dell come and give me a ride on his motorcycle (pictures of that will come later.) But to start my week, we went to Colorado.
Coleman and Roni knew that this would be a hard birthday for me, so they went out of their way to book the cabin for my birthday. Thanks guys, it really meant a lot. :) So when Dad, Mom and I got to the cabin Friday morning, things were already looking pretty festive. Granted, there was no green prom dress waiting. But there were a few surprises.
This makes the fourth year in a row that Coleman and Roni have given me flowers for my birthday. Keep up the great tradition!
They also had cheesecake waiting for me. Do these people know me, or do they know me
Makadie helped me open my cards and presents. I finally got the scarf that Roni started while I was in Detroit.
Makadie was also kind enough to help me blow out my candles, and trust me, I needed the help.
Floyd and Carol also took time out of their busy schedules to come and help me celebrate my birthday. Does my family love me, or do they love me?!?!
Coleman and Roni had decorated the cabin with streamers and balloons. It was pretty cute.
They also planned a game of "Don't Eat Pete." The only downside was the board was really big and I ate way too many m&m's. I guess I'm just too good at this game.
Carol wasn't as good.

It was a great party and a fantastic preview of things to come. Not that it had anything whatsoever to do with Rocky Mountain National Park, but it was the day before. And RMNP was AWESOME!!
Okay, stop laughing, we all know that would never happen. I did tell Mom that since I was living at home, I thought I deserved a birthday week. Since Mom actually likes doing birthday weeks almost more than I like getting them, she had no problems with this. It was pretty fun. Working every day was a little weird, but Mom really came up with some fun stuff. She even had Dell come and give me a ride on his motorcycle (pictures of that will come later.) But to start my week, we went to Colorado.
Coleman and Roni knew that this would be a hard birthday for me, so they went out of their way to book the cabin for my birthday. Thanks guys, it really meant a lot. :) So when Dad, Mom and I got to the cabin Friday morning, things were already looking pretty festive. Granted, there was no green prom dress waiting. But there were a few surprises.
This makes the fourth year in a row that Coleman and Roni have given me flowers for my birthday. Keep up the great tradition!
It was a great party and a fantastic preview of things to come. Not that it had anything whatsoever to do with Rocky Mountain National Park, but it was the day before. And RMNP was AWESOME!!
Comments