My motorcyle ride!
Mom had a bit of a challenge on her hands. We agreed that she would do a birthday week again this year (for the last time, so she thinks.) Well, Mom really wanted to do special things and that gets harder when you're kid is a grownup (almost) and working full time (at least sitting in an office full time.) But she rose to the challenge quite nicely, not that any of us should be surprised. And although I didn't get my luv sac (seriously people, I do want one. :) ), she did come up with some good surprises. But I think my favorite was my motorcycle ride.
I've thought for quite some time that it would be fun to ride a motorcycle. The closest I've ever come is a tiny little dirt bike that Mr. Harvey talked me into riding once. Of course he didn't tell me how to stop the dumb thing so when I was ready to get off I just stood up and let it go into the sagebrush. That was about fifteen years ago, so I thought I was due for a proper experience. Dad said I should ask Ken Ramsey, but no.
Then I learned that Dell Settler had a motorcycle and I've been wishing ever since that I had the nerve to ask for a ride. Well, it turns out that I didn't have to have the nerve, Mom did!
So Monday night of my birthday week, Dell came and picked me up and took me for a ride. It was a blast, as soon as i got over the fear of dying. :)
Actually, I thought I did very well. I kept telling myself, if I can trust a horse, I can trust Dell. The scariest part was definitely the turns as you have to lean into them, not away as would seem natural. Anyway, we ended up going up Weber canyon and then down Ogden canyon. It was awesome and resulted in a perm-a-grin for about ten days.
Please don't look at these pictures too closely, I had a huge helmet mark on my abnormally large forehead that was shinning in the garage flood light. :)

Thanks again to Dell, who I'm pretty sure doesn't read my blog :), thanks to Vonda for giving up her seat for a few minutes. And thank you to Mom for arranging it, it was a great birthday week event!
I've thought for quite some time that it would be fun to ride a motorcycle. The closest I've ever come is a tiny little dirt bike that Mr. Harvey talked me into riding once. Of course he didn't tell me how to stop the dumb thing so when I was ready to get off I just stood up and let it go into the sagebrush. That was about fifteen years ago, so I thought I was due for a proper experience. Dad said I should ask Ken Ramsey, but no.
Then I learned that Dell Settler had a motorcycle and I've been wishing ever since that I had the nerve to ask for a ride. Well, it turns out that I didn't have to have the nerve, Mom did!
So Monday night of my birthday week, Dell came and picked me up and took me for a ride. It was a blast, as soon as i got over the fear of dying. :)
Actually, I thought I did very well. I kept telling myself, if I can trust a horse, I can trust Dell. The scariest part was definitely the turns as you have to lean into them, not away as would seem natural. Anyway, we ended up going up Weber canyon and then down Ogden canyon. It was awesome and resulted in a perm-a-grin for about ten days.
Comments