Rocky Mountain National Park!!!!
The park is set up in a similar way as Yosemite. You park your car and get on the shuttle. So that's precisely what we did. So the first place we went was Bear Lake (at least I think that's what it was called.) It's a huge lake that has a really nice level path all the way around it. Since we were with Mom, Carol and a pregnant Roni there was no way that Coleman could convince (trick) me into going on a really long hike. So the lake trail was about the extent of our hiking.
Coleman decided to pretend he was a photographer. Good thing I know how to sit. :)
Makadie was being a goof every time we tried to take a picture. Just call her Annette.
The worst thing about Mom and Dad living in separate states (in my opinion) is the mushy way they act when they're together. Kissing's icky!
We thought we were in for rough weather, but it just rained a little and made for a gorgeous photo op.
Okay, confession time. It's been too long since I actually went to the park. I don't really remember the order of how things happened. Since everyone says they just look here for the pictures, that's what I'm going to focus on. So now follows random pictures from Rocky Mountain National Park. Enjoy, and remember, prints are available in the Gift Shop lobby.
Mom tries to deny it, but Makadie LOVES her Grandma Nada.
We hiked to Chasm Falls again. It's really not a hike, but it is really steep. But the falls at the bottom of the trail are well worth it. Coleman had to carry my camera though. For some reason, no one trusts my sense of balance.
This is back at Bear Lake. These rocks were flat enough for even me to climb on.
I'm telling you, the girl is a cheesier.
This is one of my favorite pictures, and when I, excitedly showed it to Mom she said "it's a fence." So, let's prove her wrong, who wants it for Christmas?
Coleman is still one of my favorite subjects for pictures. I think I ended up with as many pictures of him as I did Makadie. I thought this one was particularly cool with the shadows and back lighting.
One really fun thing about the park is the Elk. They have a ton and they live in such a secure environment that people don't bother them (as long as those people aren't being stupid, of course.)
I thought this pictures was particularly cool.
And how many people have had an elk stick their tongue out at them?
This is the view from the top visitor's center. Last time I got up that high it was snowing, but this time the weather was perfect. The tundra really is beautiful in it's own barren way.
So apparently I have a thing for fences.
I told you, the girl loves her Grandma Nada.
We really didn't hit any bad weather until we had left the park, but it did make for fantastic pictures.
You really can't tell from this picture, but we all climbed up a really jagged scary rock that was a total drop off into a valley. It was quite daring.
Well, I do have more pictures, but there is only so much I can subject my viewers too. So come over and I will show you the rest. :)
It was an awesome weekend and a great way to start off my birthday. Thanks again to Coleman and Roni for hosting us!
Comments