Surprise Visit from Colorado

So, I know Coleman and Roni have already posted pictures of their trip to Utah back in July, but I'm still going to put up pictures of my own. This is for two main reasons.

1. There can never be too many pictures of Makadie!
2. They were my pictures in the first place, I shouldn't have sent them to CO without blogging them first.

Okay, now that I have that out of the way...on to the pictures.

First the story. I believe that most of you have been told Coleman and Roni's version of what happened. This version usually makes Mom and I sound bad that we couldn't even recognize our own grandaughter/niece. This isn't completely true. It was very late at night, Mom and I hadn't seen Makadie for quite some time (and she changes every time we do see her.) We had also been having some bizarre conversation early that day about children being abandoned by their parents. I don't remember all the details, but i do remember that there was a reason that I thought someone had left a child on our porch.

So after the initial shock of..."Oh my goodness, what the heck are you guys doing in Ogden" none of us felt like going to bed. Makadie should probably have been more tired than she was, but being the ham she is, she took this opportune time to perform.

This was her newest trick. In this picture it actually looks like she is diving for the carpet. I'm not quite sure what her true intention was, I think she just thought it looked cool.



All her mom has to do is say "Makadie, show me you're a pretty girl" and out comes the smile that could melt butter, or at least cover a plate of nachos. Roni, I think she must get this from her family. No one on our side hams like this for pictures, right Annette?






Saturday I had already cleared with Mom that I would sleep all day. It had been a long week at work and I was getting sick (again) and we both decided that I just needed a day off. Well, you can probably imagine how Makadie interfered with those plans. It was okay though. We had fun. The best part was that Coleman had to mow the lawn. :)




After the lawn was mowed, it was time to play in the water. This was Makadie's first opportunity to play in the sprinklers (they discourage that at apartment complexes) and she loved every minute of it. That is, after her dad apologized for kinking the hose and spraying her in the face. Not cool Dad.





She especially liked it when her dad would swing her over the water.




I also showed her the fine act of sitting on the sprinkler. She thought that was pretty funny too.



Saturday night we took Makadie out to Layton so she could show Grandma and Ruth Ann how much she has grown. We also introduced her to a very important Miller family ritual. I must say, she caught on very fast.


So here's Grandma and Makadie reading a book.



Ruth Ann says that she can't take a good picture. I guess we just need Makadie in the mix.


I'm am alluding of course to the infamous Grandpa creation, the Skittle Machine

She was actually very generous with her spoils. As long as she already had one in her mouth, Makadie would share with anyone.


Sunday came all too soon and the Colorado Millers had to head back to Colorado. It was a lot easier when they lived in Provo, but I have to say, for vacation purposes, I'd rather spend a week in CO than Provo, so I'll try and forgive them for moving so far away.


Before they left, Makadie had to have one last romp in the grass. So here she is, looking like an Austrian hiker.

I almost forgot the pirate picture. This is my "shout-out" to bandannas Annette. See...they're awesome.
This is just about my favorite picture ever.

Makadie is determined to be a photographer someday. She was a lot more interested in the camera than being in the picture.

It was such a huge surprise when Makadie showed up on our doorstep. I know I normally don't like surprises, but that's one that I could handle again and again.

Thanks Coleman and Roni, you're the best!


Comments

Unknown said…
Nicely done, bravo, muy bien!

However, bandannas still only belong on Johnny Depp.
Ashley said…
That's awesome! I want to do a suprise visit to my family! Have Ayda run up to the door (okay, it'll be a while from now) and ring the doorbell! That'd be so cool!

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!