Pioneer Day Parade

Okay, I have to clarify that I am blogging under duress. First of all, Mom told me I had to. Now, it's between blogging and watching the Osmond's Pioneer Day concert with the tab choir, so here I am blogging.

We really did have a great time on pioneer day. That's one thing that I definitely enjoy about living in Utah over living somewhere else. It's a fun holiday, and getting it off work doesn't hurt either.

In the morning we went down to the Salt Lake City parade. Mom and I didn't really do anything to celebrate last year, if I remember correctly, I wasn't feeling good that day, so we decided to make up for it this year. It was a really fun parade, as it most always is. I think it's cool that they still do floats, really fancy ones actually. I think a lot of them are professional done, and that's cool.

So here are pictures from the event. I'm not going to comment on them because that's what takes so long for me to blog and I hear that people just skip over the writing anyway (okay, only Annette has actually admitted to that.) So enjoy the pictures and be jealous that you all live in Gentile states. :)



Okay, I will say this about University of Utah's float. IT BROKE DOWN!!!! It was really funny and there were a lot of shout-outs to the tune of "BYU didn't break down". :)
Days of 47 Royalty

Davis High School band. They have way too much money in their budget, they even had matching socks.

The Seagulls are cooking crickets


This guy just had gorgeous arms


This is part of the Seagull picnic, there are crickets in the green jello. It was really funny.



Okay, you have all now experienced the main gist of the Salt Lake City Days of 47 parade. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went down. Take a look tomorrow and I'll have pictures from the real star of the day, the Ogden Pioneer Day rodeo!!!!

Comments

Wow! That parade was much cooler than the Pocatello Pioneer parade! I guess I'm not all that surprised.

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!