Weird Al Concert!!!

That's right. I went to a Weird Al concert. In fact, this was my second time seeing Weird Al live. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me for a seat in the "geek" section of life. All if I have to say is, he gives a dang fun concert.

I think I actually enjoyed this concert more than the one I went to a few year's ago.. When I found out he was coming to the Utah State Fair again, I immediately posted on Facebook, looking for company. Well, when I told Mom she informed me that she would be going with me. Dad said he "wouldn't mind" going, so it was the three of us. The concert was on September 12, 2011 so we considered it part of my birthday week. Then again, if something "important" happens within three months of September, I'm willing to consider it part of my birthday week. :)

We had to remind Dad that he came on his own accord...so he had to smile for pictures.
Weird Al and his accordion.
He did a fantastic blend of the old and new. Even threw some "Smells Like Nirvana" in there.
This is from "Party in the CIA" If you haven't heard this song yet, you need to. It's hilarious.
"White and Nerdy" is also one of my favorite Weird Al songs. I had made Mom watch the music video. The fact that Donny Osmond is in it is just fabulous.
And of course he performed "The Saga Begins". This is Mom's personal favorite. He usually saves it for an Encore. She got pretty anxious when he was "ending" the concert and still hadn't sung it. I think she would have considered the night a non-success if he hadn't come back out!
And of course - "Amish Paradise"


Weird Al concerts are so much fun. Besides the fact that his music is so clever and fun, he is such a fun entertainer. I'm pretty sure he had more costume changes than Cher. It was pretty impressive. So next time he comes to a State Fair near you, dear reader, GO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Blog format

Circus Circus!!!

The most fabulous cake in the world!